Virtacore Systems Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates to join our data center operations staff in Ashburn, VA (approximately 30 miles West of Washington, DC)as an Operations Technician. This is a full-time position with benefits. Career advancement opportunities are available to candidates based on experience and performance.
This is an ON-SITE position in Ashburn, VA and cannot be done remotely.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
Technical Skill-set Requirements:
- Data center infrastructure maintenance and installation (installing switches, cabling, servers, APCs, etc)
- Building and repairing/replacing servers (hardware upgrades, new OS loads, racking and stacking of servers into cabinets, etc)
- Remote Hands/Services for internal and other customers we service within the facility (ability to travel between buildings on campus, reboot/install/remove servers, cable management, etc)
- Troubleshoot various hardware configurations, including communicating with vendors and as well as internal staff on open issues
- Working with members of a team as well as management on project deployments and documentation
- Assisting in evaluating and testing new technologies and solutions, come and get exposed to the latest technologies around cloud computing, virtualization technology, servers, storage, and more
- Linux and Windows OS experience
- 1+ years of data center/hosting environment experience a plus, but willing to train the right individual with the right attitude
- Hardware/server experience a must (RAID, upgrading ram/cpu's, troubleshooting malfunctions, etc)
- Cisco, Microsoft, or VMware certifications or experience a plus
- Ability to lift 40lbs to rack servers and various data center equipment
- Ability to rotate shifts with other team members
- Good organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively to both internal teams and with customers
- Leadership experience a plus
Virtacore Systems Inc. is part of IKANO Communications, Inc. IKANO provides wholesale and retail cloud connectivity, cloud communications, and cloud hosting services.
How to Apply
Selected candidates will be contacted by e-mail to schedule an interview. To apply for this position, please send an email with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state which position you are looking to fill in your email.